The Winklepleck-Weesner Funeral Home is located at 320 N. High Street in Brownstown, Indiana and has served Jackson County for many years. Built as a private residence in 1891, it first became a funeral home under the direction of Lew Downing Wallace and was known as the Wallace Funeral Home for several years.
Harry V. Winklepleck, who operated a funeral home in Freetown, Indiana for many years, bought the Wallace Funeral Home. After his death in 1945, his wife Vernal C. (Burroughs) Winklepleck continued to operate the Winklepleck Funeral Home until 1967. At that time, James D. Weesner, Sr. who had moved to Brownstown from Goshen, Indiana in 1963 purchased the funeral home, changing the name to Winklepleck-Weesner Funeral Home. In 1972 The building was remodeled and a funeral chapel was added.
In 1993, Jim Weesner, Jr. purchased the funeral home and became owner and manager, keeping the funeral home independently owned.
A wide variety of funeral services are offered today including traditional funeral services, cremation and pre-arrangements.